Mar 18, 2013

Our Engagement Story

Like I mentioned in my last post, I was absent from this blog for nearly a month - and for good reason! Kyle proposed and I said yes! So far, we have been enjoying our engagement (before all the planning starts) and just taking in all the love. Here is our engagement story. I hope you enjoy!


It was February 17th, the night before my birthday, and so my cousin treated me out for Japanese food while Kyle stayed home with Carter. As we were munching on our sushi and giggling about nonsense as per the usual, my phone started vibrating like crazy. It said I had 5 picture messages from Kyle. At first glance, I already thought that notification was weird... Kyle isn't the type to send photos.

I opened the messages to find photos of a beautifully handwritten letter from Kyle. In his letter, he described his love for me, that he wanted to spend our lives together, and asked if I would love him forever too.


In the middle of the bustling restaurant, my heart stopped because I knew exactly what this meant. My birthday, Kyle not wanting to come out for dinner, and Kyle just acting plain odd before I left... this was it! Hand over my mouth and all, I shared the picture messages with my cousin who was sitting across from me. We started freaking out, crying, and stuffing the last bits of food in our mouths. I needed to get home!

When I got to my house, only one room was lit - my bedroom. I anxiously walked up the stairs and found my bedroom door open and the room adorned with burning candles. In the middle of the room, Kyle was on one knee... and on his knee was Carter. As I walked up to them, Kyle softly nudged Carter and then our sweet little guy said, "Marry Daddy."

A big YES followed along with kisses and happy tears!

Carter hopped off his dad's knee (and went right back to playing) while Kyle and I had a moment to ourselves. Kyle placed the ring on my finger and shared more sweet words.

Not only was this proposal the sweetest birthday gift, but it was definitely one of the best moments of my life. It was romantic and personal - and I couldn't have asked for anything better than saying yes to the love of my life and having our son be a part of such a special moment.

I love you, Kyle, and I can't wait to spend forever with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment