Oct 20, 2013

The Coat Hunt



When we moved this summer, in the midst of the whole packing ordeal, I seized the opportunity to toss out all of my coats. Every single one donated with a smile on my face - not just because it feels good to give to others or purge clutter, but because it meant new coats for the coming cold season. And let me tell you: coats, jackets, blazers... they are my thing. In fact, they are the only reason I can barely deal with frigid weather.

As Toronto's World MasterCard Fashion Week commences this Monday (which I will be excitedly covering for Acid City Magazine), the coat hunt is on! I frantically ransacked visited the mall yesterday and with one step into Zara I knew I'd gone into coat heaven.

Shortly after, in my mind, it became battle of the cape I can't live without versus the round-shouldered jacket that would probably only keep me warm for a minimum of two more weeks versus the over-sized coat that I would gladly let swallow my 5'2" body. Of course, I couldn't take them all. I didn't even buy one because what was lacking was the dusty pink coat I was there for in the first place.

Topshop had a decent pink coat - a little on the fuzzy side - and H&M had a gorgeous checked coat, but no pink to be found. Although, I did a happy dance when I saw a faux fur coat for $40... until I tried it on. The whole look just said mom-gone-grizzly. In the fitting room with the bear coat on, I attempted to smile - you know, to see if it would make it a little bit better - but I remained a bear twice my width, chipmunk smile included.

Hence, the coat hunt continues. And I kind of need to get it going! My tush is going to freeze this week, especially since I am already going to be sacrificing my feet for some for some open-toed heels! Over-sized pink coat, where are you?!

What are you on the hunt for this fall/winter? Tell me in the comments below!


Photos via Zara.

No comments:

Post a Comment