Sep 1, 2013

Goodbye Summer

Here I am. Sitting on my bed past midnight and it's officially September 1st. I didn't get to say a proper goodbye to summer. Rather than ending it off with a fun day at a beach or carnival, I ended it off with a shopping trip. That's okay though. We had a pretty awesome, low-key summer - just enjoying each other's company, barbecuing like there is no such thing as tomorrow, and taking our first camping trip as a family.

I'm now looking forward to cool breezes, falling leaves, pumpkin spice lattes, lots of red lipstick, and over-sized knit sweaters. There's something about a new season that makes me super inspired too. New goals and perspectives, Carter's third autumn, more room to grow, a different palette of colors.

Anyways, I guess what I'm trying to say is Goodbye Summer 2013. You've treated us well.



How was your summer? Tell me about it in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment